Change your name
If you need to update the name on your account information, you need to send us copies of two of the following forms of identification:
- Current driver's license
- Social Security card
- Current W-2 Form
- Birth certificate
- Unexpired government-issued ID (such as a military ID)
- Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570)
- U.S. Certificate of Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561)
- Alien Registration Card (Form I-551 or I-151)
- State ID
- Court order
- U.S. military discharge papers
- Legal document certifying the name change (marriage certificate, divorce decree, etc.)
You can upload your documents by logging in to your account at SallieMae.com and following these steps:
- On the tool bar at the top of the page, select Loans, then Tools & Resources.
- Click on Forms, then Secure Document Upload.
- Select Miscellaneous, then Choose File to attach your document.
- Once the document has been attached, select Upload File.
- At the bottom of the page, click Submit Documents.
You can also mail your documentation to Sallie Mae, ATTN: Correspondence, P.O. Box 3319, Wilmington DE 19804-4319.
Allow someone else to discuss your account with us
If you want to make someone eligible to get information about your account, chat with us online or call us at 800-472-5543. The person you add to your account can request information and make payments but will not be able to make changes to your account. If you should pass away, this person will still be able to talk to us about your account.
Change your address
Log in to your account, select Settings, then Account Settings, and then click Edit Address. For more information, chat with us online or call us at 800-472-5543.
Disability or death
If a student dies or becomes permanently and totally disabled, we will waive the Current Balance. To discuss your situation and find out how we can help, please chat with us online or call us at 800-472-5543.